EAI is actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation to ensure the safety, comfort and quality of experience
for attendees and a successful course of the event.
EAI is committed to holding the conference in 2020 and Accepted Authors who are unable to attend the event in person will be given
an option to present their submission online. In case the situation prevents the event from taking place in its original location,
it will be held fully in an interactive, live online setting. Find out what EAI conference live streams look like and discover unique benefits
that online participation brings you: Learn more
Accepted Authors will be notified about the final decision regarding the conference setting before the Camera-ready deadline.
The 1st EAI International Conference on Intelligent Edge Processing for the IoT Era (Edge-IoT 2020) will be held on December 2-4, 2020 in Viana do Castelo, Portugal. Edge-IoT 2020 conference has been created as a flagship conference aiming at addressing the decentralization of contemporary processing paradigms, notably Edge processing, focusing on the increasing demand for intelligent processing at the edge of the network, which is paving the way to the Intelligent IoT Era.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is taking an important role in the digital transformation process in several application domains blurring the boundaries between the physical and digital worlds. Traditionally, the data produced by these IoT devices is relayed back to a centralized computing system, also known as a cloud-centered computing paradigm. In this approach, data is centrally processed at the cloud and its results are sent back to the IoT devices, that run on the edge of the network. Since IoT edge devices are becoming more compact, energy-efficient, affordable and incorporate increasing computational power, Intelligent Edge Processing can be used for distributed processing that will take place near the physical location of the data source, i.e. at the network edge, enabling real-time processing with low-latency (allowing a fast and more effective response), and the reduction of the data dimension (integration and aggregation of several data sources collected at the edge), to generate dynamic and structured smart data streams. This approach contributes to the reduction of the computational load in the fog/cloud computing layers and therefore to the reduction of the bandwidth of the communication.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
Relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
- Architectures, techniques, and applications of intelligent edge/fog processing for the IoT;
- Advanced machine learning and intelligent edge and fog processing for the IoT;
- Security and Privacy in Mobile Edge Computing
- Quality of Service, energy efficiency in Mobile Edge Computing;
- Security and privacy in edge and fog computing;
- AI-enabled edge and fog computing architectures, frameworks, and protocols for IoT;
- Advanced edge and fog signal processing for the IoT;
- Cognitive IoT and edge and fog intelligence;
- Energy-awareness and sustainability at the edge and fog: metrics and measurements;
- Energy and security-aware edge and fog computing solutions for the IoT;
- Development of intelligent edge and fog computing platforms;
- Intelligent and network-aware edge and fog applications;
- Edge solutions towards 5G integration;
- Smart applications of edge and fog computing: Smart Cities, Smart Buildings, etc;
- Novel applications, and case studies with edge and fog computing for IoT;
- IoT and Edge Oriented Software Development Processes and Quality Metrics
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Edge IoT proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
- Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF: 2.602)
- Wireless Networks (WINET) Journal (IF: 2.659)
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Internet of Things (Open Access)
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Energy Web (Open Access)
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Smart Cities (Open Access)
Additional publication opportunities:
Community Review is a service offered to Program Committees and submitting Authors of all EAI conferences designed to improve the speed and the quality of the review process.
Abstracts of all authors who opt in to Community Review during submission will be published and available for Bidding here.
Authors are invited to submit original papers (unpublished and not submitted for publication elsewhere) in two categories:
regular (10-20 pages) and short (6-10 pages).
Late Track Deadlines – updates!
Full Paper Submission deadline
5 October 2020 16 October 2020
21 October 2020
9 November 2020 15 November 2020
Video submission deadline
9 November 2020 15 November 2020