EAI Edge-IoT 2021 will be held as a fully-fledged online conference
In 2020, EAI successfully launched an online conference format to ensure the safety, comfort and quality of experience for attendees and a successful course of the events, all while retaining fully live interaction, publication and indexing. Due to the unrelenting global pandemic, this will also be the case in 2021.
All matters related to publication and indexing will remain unchanged. Participants will still be able to enjoy unique interactive benefits – learn more.
The 2nd EAI International Conference on Intelligent Edge Processing for the IoT Era (EAI Edge-IoT 2021) will be held on November 24-26, 2021. EAI Edge-IoT 2021 conference has been created as a flagship conference aiming at addressing the decentralization of contemporary processing paradigms, notably Edge processing, focusing on the increasing demand for intelligent processing at the edge of the network, which is paving the way to the Intelligent IoT Era.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is taking an important role in the digital transformation process in several application domains blurring the boundaries between the physical and digital worlds. Traditionally, the data produced by these IoT devices is relayed back to a centralized computing system, also known as a cloud-centered computing paradigm. In this approach, data is centrally processed at the cloud and its results are sent back to the IoT devices, that run on the edge of the network. Since IoT edge devices are becoming more compact, energy-efficient, affordable, and present increasing computational power, intelligence at the edge can pave the way for distributed decision-making that will take place near the physical location of the data source, enabling real-time processing with low-latency (allowing a fast and more effective response), and the reduction of the data dimension (integration and aggregation of several data sources collected at the edge), to generate dynamic and structured smart data streams. This approach contributes to the reduction of the computational load in the cloud computing layer and therefore to more sustainable ICT practices. Moreover, IoT edge computing presents an enormous potential to apply machine learning techniques at the edge that may include, among others, reduced latency in decision-making; higher machine learning customization for real-time inference at the edge; data throughput optimization to reduce network load; increased privacy by taking advantage of data pre-processing and aggregation at the edge; foster network scalability by adding, replacing or upgrading edge devices in a very simple and highly automated approach, or by promoting cognitive adaptability that can enable workload exchange among multiple edge devices.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
Relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
- Architectures, techniques, and applications of intelligent edge/fog processing for the IoT;
- Advanced machine learning and intelligent edge/fog processing for the IoT;
- Federated IoT Edge Computing in Cyber-Physical Systems;
- Security, privacy, integrity, and trust in edge/fog computing
- Quality of Service, energy efficiency in edge/fog computing;
- Security and privacy in edge/fog computing;
- AI-enabled edge and fog computing architectures, frameworks, and protocols for IoT;
- Advanced edge/fog signal processing for the IoT;
- Cognitive IoT and edge/fog intelligence;
- Energy-awareness and sustainability at the edge/fog: metrics and measurements;
- Energy and security-aware edge/fog computing solutions for the IoT;
- Development of intelligent edge/fog computing platforms;
- Intelligent and network-aware edge/fog applications;
- Edge solutions towards 5G integration;
- Smart applications of edge/fog computing: Smart Cities, Smart Buildings, Digital Twins, etc;
- EdgeAI and machine learning at the edge;
- Novel applications, and case studies with edge and fog computing for IoT;
- Hardware design and prototyping for edge intelligence and computing for IoT;
- Green IoT and EdgeAI convergence;
- Sustainable AI at the edge;
- IoT and Edge Oriented Software Development Processes and Quality Metrics.
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, such as Web of Science, Compendex, Scopus, DBLP, EU Digital Library, Google Scholar, IO-Port, MathSciNet, Inspec, and Zentralblatt MATH.
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
- Wireless Networks (WINET) Journal [IF: 2.602 (2020)]
- Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal [IF: 3.426 (2020)]
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
Additional publication opportunities:
All conference papers undergo a thorough peer review process prior to the final decision and publication. This process is facilitated by experts in the Technical Program Committee during a dedicated conference period. Standard peer review is enhanced by EAI Community Review which allows EAI members to bid to review specific papers. All review assignments are ultimately decided by the responsible Technical Program Committee Members while the Technical Program Committee Chair is responsible for the final acceptance selection. You can learn more about Community Review here.
Late Track Deadlines – New!
Posters / Demo Short Paper Tracks Deadlines
Full Paper Submission deadline
15 September 2021 3 October 2021 (extended)
15 October 2021 17 October 2021 (extended)
7 November 2021
Main Track Deadlines
Full Paper Submission deadline
1 July 2021
1 September 2021 17 October 2021 (extended)
1 October 2021 7 November 2021 (extended)
Start of Conference
24 November 2021
End of Conference
26 November 2021